To be cooked in the microwave
Make in a 7-8 inch (18-20cm) round dish.
100g (4oz) soft margarine
225g (8oz) dark soft brown sugar
100g (4oz) S.R. flour
2.5ml (1/2 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
40g (1 1/2 oz) cocoa
100ml (3 1/2 fl.oz.) water
2 X 15ml (2 tbls.) dark rum
50g (2oz) ground almonds
1. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda together into a bowl.
2. In a little basin, mix the cocoa, water, and rum together.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream together the margarine and the sugar together. Then gradually beat in the eggs.
4. Using a metal spoon, stir in the cocoa mixture, the almonds and the flour into the mixing bowl. Mix them together well.
5. Tip into a prepared (lightly greased – also you can put grease proof paper on the bottom of the bowl). Then cook for 5 – 5 1/2 minutes on high power.