I had removed all of the interior plastic trim from the cabin area so that I could give it a good clean, and then paint it to freshen it up and match it with the new interior.
So – out with the rags, some mild cleaning detergent solution, and the plastic parts all got a bath. Then these were laid outside, and the painting commenced. As with the other plastic, I used Krylon’s Fusion plastic paint. Almost 3 coats were applied to the plastic – I say ‘almost’ since it was hard to see after the second coat if I had completely covered the plastic with a uniform coat.
I also disassembled the ‘dome’ lights from the head liner so that these could be painted too.
Since I had the light apart, I made a note of the light bulb used – a GE 1414.
Also in the headliner plastic is the speaker – I had to remove this so I could paint the speaker grill. Just like the dome light, since it was apart, time to take some photos of the speaker in case I ever need to replace it (documentation is a good thing!).